No. 2711380 (package with 20 tablets)
M.A No. 2585784 (package with 30 tablets)
M.A No. 2585883 (package with 50 tablets)
M.A No. 2585982 (package with 60 tablets)
M.A No. 2711489 (package with 90 tablets)
M.A No. 2586089 (package with 100 tablets)
M.A No. 4162384 (package with 180 tablets)
this patient leaflet carefully, since it contains information of
great use to you.
IDEOS 500 mg / 400 IU, chewing tablets, is a Medicine Subject to
a Medical Prescription. However, to get the best results it is necessary
to use it with caution.
• Keep this patient leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• If you have any doubts, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
• Consult your doctor or pharmacist, if the symptoms get worse
or do not present any improvements.
Patient leaflet explains:
1. What is IDEOS 500 mg/400 IU, chewing tablets and what it is used for
2. Before taking IDEOS 500 mg/400 IU
3. How to take IDEOS 500 mg/400 IU
4. Possible side effects
5. Storage of IDEOS 500 mg/400 IU
6. Other information
IDEOS 500 mg / 400 IU
Corresponding to calcium carbonate……….................1.250
Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3)...................................... 400
xylitol, sorbitol, povidone, magnesium stearate, lemon flavour (essential
oils of lemon, orange, litsea cubeba, maltodextrine, acacia gum, sodium
Laboratoire INNOTECH INTERNATIONAL
7/9 Avenue François Vincent Raspail
BP 32 - 94111 ARCUEIL CEDEX - FRANCE
Rue René Chantereau
41150 CHOUZY SUR CISSE - France
WHAT IS IDEOS 500 MG/400 IU, CHEWING TABLETS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR?
Packages containing 20, 30, 50, 60, 90, 100 and 180 tablets.
SUPPLEMENT OF VITAMIN D AND CALCIUM
Vitamins and Mineral Salts (FHNM: XII-1)
medicine is indicated in the following situations:
- in the correction of combined deficiency of vitamin D and calcium in
- as adjuvant of osteoporosis treatment, when vitamin D and calcium supply
2. BEFORE TAKING 500 MG/400 IU, CHEWING TABLETS
not use 500 mg/400 IU, chewing tablets, in case of:
- hypersensitivity to vitamin D or any other components of IDÉOS
500 MG/400 IU, CHEWING TABLETS
- hypercalcemia (high quantity of calcium in blood)
- hypercalciuria (high quantity of calcium in the urine)
- calcic lithiasis (kidney stones).
500 mg / 400 IU, chewing tablets should be used with caution in the following
- Prolonged treatment- it is necessary to regularly control the levels
of calcium urinary excretion (calciuria). Depending on the results, your
doctor may reduce or discontinue the treatment,
- Concomitant therapeutics with calcium and vitamin D in high doses, being
necessary to take this medicine under the doctor supervision.
- Concomitant treatment with biphosphonate or sodium fluoride; it is recommended
to observe a minimum period of 2 hours between the intake of these medicines
and IDÉOS; in case of antibiotics of the tetracycline family, it
is advisable an interval of at least 3 hours.
- Patients with sarcoidosis and renal impairment,
- In situations of intolerance to some sugars, you should ask the doctor
before taking the medicine.
WITH FOOD AND DRINKS
There is the possibility of occurring interactions with food containing,
for example oxalic acid (spinach, rhubarb, cocoa, tea…), phosphates
(pork, sausage products, processed cheeses, lactic deserts, coke drinks…)
or fitic acid (whole cereals, dry vegetables, oleaginous fruits, chocolate…).
Therefore, when taking IDÉOS you should avoid this kind of foods.
In case of pregnancy and lactation, the daily dose should not exceed 1500
mg of calcium and 600 IU of vitamin D3: that is, one tablet per day.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking the medicine.
ON THE ABILITY TO DRIVE AND USE MACHINES
IDÉOS, chewing tablets, does not interfere with the ability to
drive and use machines.
INFORMATION ABOUT SOME OF THE COMPONENTS OF IDÉOS
IDÉOS contains as excipients xylitol, sorbitol, polividone, lemon
flavour and magnesium stearate.
HOW TO TAKE IDÉOS
Always take IDÉOS 500 mg/400 IU, chewing tablets according to your
doctor instructions. If you have any doubts, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
The usual dose, only for adults, is one tablet, two times a day.
you think the effect of IDÉOS 500 mg/400 IU, chewing tablets is
too strong or too weak, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU EXCEED THE RECOMMENDED DOSES OF IDÉOS
500 MG/400 IU, CHEWING TABLETS:
you exceed the recommended dose of IDÉOS 500 mg/400 IU, chewing
tablets, the following symptoms may occur: nauseas, vomits, thirst, constipation.
case some of these symptoms appear, call your doctor immediately, so he
can take the necessary measures.
case of chronic overdosage, vascular and organs calcifications may occur.
DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE IDÉOS 500 MG/400
IU, CHEWING TABLETS:
Do not take two doses to compensate for the dose you forgot.
WHAT EFFECTS MAY OCCUR IF YOU SUSPEND TREATMENT
WITH IDÉOS 500 MG/400 IU, CHEWING TABLETS:
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- High levels of calcium in the blood and urine can suffer increases,
- Constipation or diarrhoea,
- Flatulence, abdominal pain,
- Local cutaneous reactions (e.g. pruritus, rash, urticaria)
YOUR DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST ANY UNDESIRABLE OR NUISANCE EFFECT NOT MENTIONED
IN THIS LEAFLET.
Do not store above 25º.
out of reach and sight of children.
not use after the expiry term stated on the package.
6. OTHER INFORMATION
further additional clarifications about this medicine, contact the local
Rua João Chagas, 53, Piso 3